The EFC is hiring a Philanthropy Legal Officer to join the joint DAFNE-EFC Philanthropy Advocacy project
The EFC is looking for a full-time Philanthropy Legal Officer to join the joint DAFNE-EFC Philanthropy Advocacy project, which promotes an enabling operating environment for institutional philanthropy in Europe. The DAFNE-EFC Philanthropy Advocacy project acts as a monitoring, legal, analysis and advocacy hub for European philanthropy. The position is a full-time position for one year, but can be adjusted to part-time if needed.
The ideal candidate has experience in EU law, non-profit law, non-profit tax law, fundamental rights, comparative views; has a good understanding of legislative processes in the EU; and is fluent in English (written and spoken). Other languages are an asset.
We are offering an inspiring working environment, access to a great European network in politics and philanthropy, and unlimited learning opportunities. Find more information about the EFC and DAFNE here:
About the role
The Philanthropy Legal Officer reports to the EFC’s Enabling Environment Manager
- Support Philanthropy Advocacy’s objective to promote an enabling operating environment for institutional philanthropy in Europe
- Monitor/map and help analyse and communicate about relevant legal developments in European philanthropy at national and European level
- Support drafting of statements and position papers around relevant legal and tax law developments in philanthropy at national and European level
- Support responses to information requests on philanthropy-related legal matters
- Help coordinate legal publications
- Help organise events and sessions around the operating environment of philanthropy at conferences and seminars
Experience and competencies
- Strong interest in philanthropy/philanthropic organisations and their operating environments
- A university degree in law
- 1-4 years of experience in NGO law/charity law/foundation law/EU law/HR law
- Problem solver with an analytical mind
- Organised with an eye for detail
- Strong networking skills that enable effective collaboration with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent command of English (both spoken and written) and very good written communication skills. Additional languages are an asset.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of people who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop
- A full-time 1-year contract (possibility to be extended)
Start date: As soon as possible
How to apply:
Please send your motivation letter and CV in English by email as soon as possible, or by 15 September 2019 at the latest, to Hanna Surmatz, EFC Enabling Environment Manager, email@example.com.
We will proceed with interviews of short-listed candidates on an ongoing basis.